- Feb 03, 2014
The planning of THPA S.A. is based on the company's strategic goals, which are the sustainable development of the Port of Thessaloniki as a significant hub of combined transports and a sea-gateway for cargoes to and from Southeastern Europe.
The following are Priorities of our development planning:
- The expansion of the port's infrastructure with deeper quays, in order to provide services to bigger ships carrying containers or conventional cargo.
- The procurement of state-of-the-art and highly efficient mechanical equipment.
- The application of modern information and telecommunication technology for the most effective provision of harbor services and the efficient servicing of the port's clients.
- The sustainable development of the Port of Thessaloniki with the implementation of environmental protection measures, in accordance with the Decision for Approval of the Environmental Terms of operation of THPA S.A.
- The upgrading of the port's infrastructure for the cruise ships and sea tourism (tourist shelter
THPA S.A. is currently in the stage of structuring a modern MASTER PLAN that will include the long-term and medium-term development plans of the company, and it will be submitted for approval to the competent Ministry of Mercantile Marine and the Aegean.
The implementation of the long-term development plan is directly effected by the procedure for the privatization of THPA S.A., which has been planned for the year 2014 by the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (HRADF), the basic shareholder of the company.
THPA S.A. is also planning the implementation of a medium-term, 3-year development plan for 2014-2016, based on funding by private means.