ThPA S.A. – Port of Thessaloniki is more than a port, we aspire to be the multi-gateway intermodal network and logistics solutions provider for the Balkans and the broader Southeast, Central and Eastern European region, strategically located in Northern Greece close to the major Trans-European motorway and railway networks with direct access to the Southeastern European countries. ThPA S.A., listed on the Athens Exchange since 2001, handles containers, conventional cargo, offers reliable and cost-efficient logistics solutions and serves passenger traffic through cruise and ferry.
We are looking to cover the position of Dock worker, in Thessaloniki.
The purpose of the position is to perform all types of specialized port cargo handling work and any port activity related to the loading and handling of cargo within the hull, on the quay, from and to the temporary storage and warehousing areas as well as during the loading and unloading of goods on land-based means of transport.
Responsibilities and duties
- loading and safe positioning of goods on board the ship
- unloading operations inside the ship
- arranging the goods on board and in port
- specialized unloading operations, loading, unloading and safe positioning of goods.
- transporting and placing the goods on land-based means of transport
- transport of goods, baggage and supplies to port areas.
- stowage and safe stowage of goods on means of transport.
Education, Experience and Key Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in related areas is preferred
- Secondary or Bachelor degree
- registered in the National Register of loaders-unloaders.
- Good physical condition
- Teamwork, Communication
- Perception, Quick reaction
The company offers
The ideal candidate will be part of a diverse, learning, competitive and professional organization, which offers real opportunities for personal development and in-depth insights into the operation of a modern port. You will work closely with a professional team and will gain significant experience to further build career opportunities with the organization.
If you are interested in joining our team, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please send your CV mentioning in the field desired job position “Dock Worker”.
Deadline for receiving applications is January 15, 2024.
All applications are considered strictly confidential.