European Union Programs
- May 12, 2017
THPA S.A. possesses substantial experience in participation in European Programs of multi-membered collaborations, in relation to research and the implementation of pilot applications in the departments of multimodal transports and logistics, as well as the research for development possibilities of multimodal transports in the area of Southeastern Europe, connected to the Trans-European Transportation Networks.
Currently, there is one research project regarding multi-membered collaborations, within the framework of Horizon 2020.
LOGIMATIC proposes an ad-hoc advanced location and navigation solution to enable the automation of existing port vehicles with a significantly lower cost which will allow short-medium term investments until the whole port fleet is renewed with totally autonomous vehicles in the long term. The project will develop and demonstrate an innovative location and navigation solution for the automation of the operations of straddle carriers in container terminals.
- To develop an advanced automated navigation solution based on the integration of Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) and sensors onboard the SC vehicles.
- To implement a GIS-based control module compatible with existing Terminal Operating Systems (TOS) for optimized global (yard level) route planning and fleet management.
- To implement security mechanism in order to detect and avoid spoofing and/or jamming attacks.
- To assess the impact of application of such automated approach at large scale through simulation.
- To integrate, validate and demonstrate the proposed solution in a real port yard.