- Feb 03, 2014
- Last Updated: Friday, 12 May 2017 12:12
The planning of THPA S.A. is based on the company's strategic goals, which are the sustainable development of the Port of Thessaloniki as a significant hub of combined transports and a sea-gateway for cargoes to and from Southeastern Europe.
The following are Priorities of port development planning:
- The expansion of the port's infrastructure with deeper quays, in order to provide services to bigger ships carrying containers or conventional cargo.
- The procurement of state-of-the-art and highly efficient mechanical equipment.
- The application of modern information and telecommunication technology for the most effective provision of harbor services and the efficient servicing of the port's clients.
- The sustainable development of the Port of Thessaloniki with the implementation of environmental protection measures, in accordance with the Decision for Approval of the Environmental Terms of operation of THPA S.A.
- The upgrading of the port's infrastructure for the cruise ships and sea tourism
THPA S.A. prepared a modern MASTER PLAN that will include the development plans of the company, and it was submitted for approval to the competent Ministry of Shipping and Island Policy.