The Declared Policy of the Port Facility of Thessaloniki Port Authority SA consists of ensuring a securefe working environment by means of the uptaking and the implementation of measures actively averting illegal actions against the people, the vessels, the vehicles, the building facilities, the merchandises, the loading and unloading equipment and the supplies of the vessels within its property limits.
The objectives of the Administration of ThPA S.A. are:
- The compliance with the security regulations foreseen by the National and International Legislation and the European Union.
- The implementation of measures for the limitation of the risks eventually threatening the passengers, the crews, the employees and the merchandises, for as long as they remain within the port area.
- The cooperation with the Coast Guard and the security authorities in general, as well as with all the local authorities.
- The increase of the personnel’s vigilance and knowledge on safety issues.
- The drawing up of emergency plans for the confrontation of unpredicted events, jeopardizing the safety of people and vessels.
Those objectives are met with:
- The drawing up of the Security Assessment and the Security Plan approved by the Ministry of Merchantile Marine.
- The constant training of the personnel.
- The updating and improvement of the Security Plan, by means of regular internal controls and constant evaluations.
- The support of the Security Officer, for the fulfillment of his/her duties and competencies.
All the employees shall participate in this effort and know the relevant security duties and the required measures for the protection of the port facility against all illegal actions.
We kindly ask the passengers, the people with transaction activities, and generally the public, to show understanding and to observe and follow the instructions and the orders of the port facility’s security personnel.
The Administration highlights the fact that:
Our top priority is always and above all to safeguard and protect human life.
This Policy is reviewed whenever necessary, in order to ensure the achievement of its goals and the correctness and effectiveness of the defined procedures and instructions.